Roller Probe Transducers are a dry coupled transducer used with a through transmission technique for scanning large areas in an automated system or smaller areas using a hand caliper that can be provided.
Roller probes are typically used in the aerospace industry for the inspection of honeycomb and composite panels and wing sections.
- These probes consist of an anodized aluminium body, Perspex wheel with sealed bearings to prevent leakage of oil and a soft but wear resistant rubber tyre.
- The element is a low or undamped lead zirconate, offering both good penetration and an excellent signal to noise ratio.
- Two sizes of transducer are available, the 25mm diameter which can be held in our own caliper unit or the 75mm diameter to fit individually tailored fixtures.
- Used where dry testing is a necessity in through transmission mode of highly attenuative materials.
- Can be mounted for automated testing or in our own calipers for hand inspection
- Range of frequencies available
- Range of connectors available
- Full refurbishment service available on all roller probes
|Wheel size/Dia x Width (mm)|
|8||WP800525||WP80125||25 x 18|
|12||WP1200525||WP120125||25 x 18|
|20||WP2000575||WP200175||75 x 30|