Our range of transducers, both for contact and immersion are separated into two general groups;
Medium Pulse Transducers
Transducers designated with the prefix UM have the following characteristics as standard:
- Medium damped element of Lead Zirconate/Metoniobate offering good signal noise using flat, spherical or line focusing (lens or crystal)
- Stainless Steel or anodized alloy case with soft finger grips on hand held probes.
- Connectors/ integral lead with termination fitted to custom specification.
- Single contact transducers supplied with ceramic wear face.
- The combined twin compression and shear wave transducers have replaceable wedges and stand offs.
- UM transducers are recommended and are used for a wide variety of testing applications e.g. composite testing and are generally housed in Stainless Steel cases with connectors fitted to customer specification.
- High Damped Short Pulse (Broadband) Transducers
Transducers designated with the prefix UH have the following characteristics as standard:
- Highly damped Lead Zirconate/ Metoniobate elements offering excellent resolution and good sensitivity.
- Stainless Steel cases with soft finger grips on hand held probes.
- Connectors/ integral lead with termination fitted to customer specification.
- UH transducers (shear and compression) use a special matching interface to improve pulse shape and energy transmission.
- Twin compression transducers are compatible with most digital thickness gauges available on the market.
- Immersion transducers are available with flat, spherical or line focused (lens or crystal)
Further details are available on request.